About XML Batch Updates
There are many similarities between XML
Reports and XML Batch Updates. The ways in which the parameters are entered is
the same in both systems as is the T-Sql used for the queries. The main differences are :-
- Batch updates modify data or add data to
- Batch updates do not produce output. They
can display the total number of records affected.
- The Batch Update XML files
need to be in the Batch Updates folder of your system (in a standard
installation C:\Program Files\Recorder 6\User Files\Batch
- Batch updates can only be run by users
with Recorder systems manager access level.
- Batch updates are run from Tools/Run Batch
Updates menu not from reports.
The following uses of XML batch updates are
- Maintaining consistency of data
- Verification and Validation routines
- Updating Taxon_List_Item keys for Dictionary
- Manipulating data input made through the Recording
- Removing unwanted records
- Tidying merges
- Removing duplicated data.
If you have existing (pre 6.13 ) XML
reports which update the database these will need modifying and moving to the
Batch Updates folder.